The Nashville Technology Council last night awarded its 2010 "Feel the Beat" Technology Awards at an event at the Renaissance Hotel. The awards recognize individuals and companies who helped grow Nashville into a nationally recognized technology hub. The winners:
- CIO of the Year — Gary Seay, Community Health Systems
- CTO of the Year — Eric Harrison, Community Health Systems
- CISO of the Year — Bill Dieringer, Ardent Health Services
- Innovator of the Year — Tim Smith, MyWerx
- IT Student of the Year — Matthew Lefavor, Belmont University
- Volunteer of the Year — John Kepley, teknetex
- Social Media/Blogger of the Year — Scott Gordon, Vaco Technology
- Software Programmer/Engineer of the Year — Nicholas Williams, PureSafety
- The Green Award — LetterLogic, Inc.
- Start-up Company of the Year — Taigan
- Lifetime Achievement — Tom Stephenson, HMS
- Technology Organization of the Year -- Ardent Health Services
Oct 29, 2010 11:58 AM
The Nashville Technology Council on Thursday announced new members to its 2010-2011 board of directors:
- Katherine McElroy, Partner, C3 Consulting
- Kent Fourman, CIO, Permanent General
- Tom Stephenson, CEO, HMS
- John Kepley, CEO, Teknetex
- Todd Joseph, CIO, Comdata
- Will Weaver, Founder, Emma
- Tim Getsay, CIO, Vanderbilt University
- Bob Deckard, Regional VP, Comcast
- Michael Burcham, President, Entrepreneur Center, Ex-Officio
- Glenn Perdue, Managing Member, Kraft Analytics, Ex-Officio
Aug 19, 2010 2:32 PM
Healthcare Management Systems has signed Foundation Surgical Hospital as its newest client. The 64-bed orthopedic and neuro-spine facility, located in the Houston area, will implement HMS' enterprise-wide technology solution. Nashville-based HMS currently works with 650 community hospitals across the country.
Jul 22, 2010 7:17 AM
Software developer Healthcare Management Systems has been picked by Summersville Regional Medical Center to supply its full suite of products. The West Virginia hospital will integrate HMS' software by the end of the year and its CFO is so thrilled about the emergency room application she used this turn of phrase that strikes us as a tad unfortunate.
“Our physicians felt the ED product was to die for,” Douglas said.
Jun 16, 2010 8:19 AM
Nashville's Healthcare Management Systems today said its launching a new interoperability product that allows hospitals to exchange clinical information between their IT systems, health information exchanges and public registries. The product, HMS Connex, will help hospitals meet first-level "meaningful use" criteria for electronic health records in order to qualify for reimbursement funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. HMS made its announcement from the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference in Altanta. The 101:
HMS Connex is designed to help customers achieve Stage 1 Meaningful Use interoperability requirements, specifically reporting hospital quality measures to CMS, exchanging key clinical information among providers of care (Continuity of Care Document standards), submitting lab results to public health agencies, and submitting data to immunization registries.
Mar 1, 2010 12:57 PM
Healthcare Management Systems has landed a contract to provide its hospital information systems to Arizona Regional Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Implementation will start this month. HMS has been busy of late, with an acquisition and several new contracts.
Feb 4, 2010 9:52 AM
Healthcare Management Systems today said it hit 100 percent of its goals in a health information "connectathon" held in Chicago last week. The interoperability testing event determines how well vendors systems share patient information with complementary systems. Coincidentally, today was also the day Senator Grassley decided to look into health care IT shortfalls. Among the issues that prompted the inquiry: reports of interoperability problems among HIT vendors.
Jan 21, 2010 1:10 PM
- BRASWELL, ROBERT
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR