As music festivals like Bonnaroo have grown up, they’ve moved beyond the corn dog
May 28, 2012 10:10 PM
Metronome Review is reporting that A.C. Entertainment, the firm behind the Bonnaroo festival in Coffee County, is raising more than $10 million in debt to fund land purchases that would presumably go to expand that annual event.
Aug 4, 2011 1:42 PM
...and lots of them are up for Pollstar's annual awards to be presented February 17 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Full list of nominations here. A list of the nominees with a Tennessee connection after the jump.
- Taylor Swift (Major Tour of the Year)
- Kings of Leon (Best New Touring Artist)
- KoL's manager Andy Mendelsohn (Personal Manager of the Year)
- Manchester's Bonnaroo (Music Festival of the Year)
- Ryman Auditorium (Theater of the Year)
- Sommet Center Nashville Arena That Building at the Corner of Fifth and Broadway (Arena of The Year)
- Michael Smardak of Outback Concerts (Promoter of the Year)
- 360 Artist Agency and TKO (Boutique Booking Agency of the Year)
- Bandit Lites (Lighting Company of the Year)
- Premier Global Production (Lighting Company of the Year and Staging or Equipment Company of the Year)
- Clair and Sound Image (Sound Company of the Year)
- Accurate Staging (Staging or Equipment Company of the Year)
- Roadshow Services (Transportation Company of the Year)
- Moo TV (Video Company of the Year)
Dec 8, 2009 12:33 PM
Also: Ex-Knoxville mayor nominated to Broadcasting Board, Memphis 10th on most-dangerous list, foundation to spend on re-enrolling adult college leavers, and more... [From our print edition featured in Tuesday's City Paper]
Nov 30, 2009 7:05 PM
The Nashville-based rock stars have teamed with publisher Bug Music out of Los Angeles to start a record label that aims to bring new artists to the masses. Their first product will be an album by The Features, the band pictured here, who were among the winners of this year's 'Road to Bonnaroo' contest. Bug, which has partnerships with several other music ventures, earlier this year brought on board well-known Music Row songsmith and publisher Roger Murrah to lead its local effort.
Jun 17, 2009 2:45 PM