The organizers of the Bonnaroo festival also are again organizing Hackeroo, a local hackathon where participants will build apps, services and technology that serve live events, in conjunction with sponsor Emma. The hackathon will take place at Emma's Bistro on Rolling Mill Hill on May 10 and 11. The winner will receive VIP access to Bonnaroo, where the winning product will be marketed to the festival's audience of 80,000 and to the Southland technology and entrepreneurship conference being held in Nashville just prior.
Travis Laurendine, who started Hackeroo last year, will once again host and mentor developers throughout Hackeroo. Also participating in Hackeroo will be Sarah Lacy, founder and CEO of PandoDaily, which is co-producing Southland with Launch Tennessee.
"Last year, we were empowered by Bonnaroo to test the concept of a hackathon that takes the technology developed and integrates it into the festival," Laurendine said. "Now, with the backing of Southland in addition to Bonnaroo producers Superfly and AC Entertainment, we are going to scale this event into the premier yearly music hackathon in Music City USA."
Check out more info here.
Metronome Review is reporting that A.C. Entertainment, the firm behind the Bonnaroo festival in Coffee County, is raising more than $10 million in debt to fund land purchases that would presumably go to expand that annual event.
- Taylor Swift (Major Tour of the Year)
- Kings of Leon (Best New Touring Artist)
- KoL's manager Andy Mendelsohn (Personal Manager of the Year)
- Manchester's Bonnaroo (Music Festival of the Year)
- Ryman Auditorium (Theater of the Year)
- Sommet Center Nashville Arena That Building at the Corner of Fifth and Broadway (Arena of The Year)
- Michael Smardak of Outback Concerts (Promoter of the Year)
- 360 Artist Agency and TKO (Boutique Booking Agency of the Year)
- Bandit Lites (Lighting Company of the Year)
- Premier Global Production (Lighting Company of the Year and Staging or Equipment Company of the Year)
- Clair and Sound Image (Sound Company of the Year)
- Accurate Staging (Staging or Equipment Company of the Year)
- Roadshow Services (Transportation Company of the Year)
- Moo TV (Video Company of the Year)