The Urban Land Institute Nashville District Council Thursday night awarded six Middle Tennessee development projects with Excellence in Development awards during a ceremony at the Omni Nashville Hotel.
The ULI awards recognize exemplary design, creativity and vision in land use and real estate development, and commitment to the region. Additionally, they honor collaboration among development team members.
“Together, the 16 submitted projects tell an interesting story about the creative and smart business decisions that have been made, as well as the future opportunities for our region,” Hunter Gee, chairman of ULI Nashville, said in a release “This year’s applicants represent best practices from both the public and private sectors and should be recognized and shared.”
The six winning projects and the development teams were:
1. Casa Azafran Community Center – Allard Ward Architects; Conexion Americas; Dowdle Construction Group; Facility Planners Inc.; Prado Art Studio
2. The Freeman Webb Building – Freeman Webb Company; Hastings Architecture Associates, LLC; Wieck Construction, LLC; Barge Cauthen & Associates, Inc.; EMC Structural Engineers, PC; Power Management Corporation; Hawkins Partners Inc.; Power Management Corporation; SSRCx
3. Gale Park – Core Development Services; DA|AD; Parkside Builders; Dean Design Group; Village Real Estate Services; Evergreen Real Estate; The Village Fund
4. Montgomery Bell Academy – Montgomery Bell Academy; Hastings Architecture Associates, LLC; The Parent Company, Inc.; Hodgson & Douglas, LLC; Barge Cauthen & Associates, Inc.; EMC Structural Engineers, PC; Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
5. Music City Center – Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County; Nashville Convention Center Authority; tvsdesign; Tuck Hinton Architects PLC; Moody Nolan Inc.; Bell/Clark Joint Venture in association with Harmony Construction Group, LLC; Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon, Inc.; Ross Bryan Associates; I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc.
6. Pine Street Flats – MarketStreet Enterprises; Pine Street Flats, LLC; Davis Architects, Inc.; Cambridge Builders & Contractors, LLC; Bilson & Associates, PC; Civil Site Design Group, PLLC; RPM Transportation Consultants, LLC; Design Environments, Inc.; greenSTUDIO; Phillips Gradick Engineering, PC; M2 Structural Engineering PC
Judges for the 2014 awards were John Tirrill with SWH Residential Partners LLC in Atlanta, and Frank Ricks with Looney Ricks Kiss in Memphis, Tenn.
Development projects are judged on criteria that support ULI’s commitment to best practices in the use of land and leadership in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. This includes design excellence, innovation in land use, contribution to the community, reflection of the neighborhood or regional character, use of a public/private partnership, environmental sensitivity and financial viability.
Casa Azafran Community Center
Freeman Webb Building
Montgomery Bell Academy
Music City Center
Pine Street Flats
POSTDATA: WARRANTY DEEDS