Updated on December 15, 2008
1. Changes to Subscriber Agreement. We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in writing or electronically (including without limitation, by email or by posting a notice on the Service that the terms have been "updated"). The changes also will appear in this document, which you can access at any time by going to the Help section of a Service. You signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using a Service after changes are made to this Agreement.
3. Fees and Payments. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your user name and password for a Fee-Based Service (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. We will bill all charges automatically to your credit card. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal. Unless we state in writing otherwise, all fees and charges are non-refundable. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance. If you want to use a different credit card or there is a change in credit card validity or expiration date, or if you believe someone has accessed a Service using your user name and password without your authorization, notify us immediately. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access a Service through an Internet access provider or other third-party service.
4. Renewal. Your subscription to a Fee-Based Service will renew automatically, unless we terminate it or you notify us by telephone, mail, or e-mail (receipt of which must be confirmed by email reply from us) of your decision to terminate your subscription. For annual subscriptions, we will notify you of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 30 days prior to the date your subscription renews, except as otherwise required by law. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
5. Limitations on Use.
a. Only one individual may access a Service using the same user name or password, unless we agree otherwise. Subscriptions may be cancelled at any time if unauthorized password use or sharing of passwords is detected.
b. The text, graphics, images, video, metadata, design, organization, compilation, look and feel, advertising and all other protectable intellectual property (the "Content") available through the Services are our property or the property of our advertisers and licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unless you have our written consent, you may not sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the Content received through the Services to anyone, including, if applicable, your fellow students or employees, with the following exceptions:
i. You may occasionally distribute a copy of an article, or a portion of an article, from a Service in non-electronic form to a few individuals without charge, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear in the Service.
ii. You may occasionally use our email service to e-mail an article from a Service to a few individuals, without charge. You are not permitted to use this service for the purpose of regularly providing other users with access to content from a Service.
iii. While you may download, store and create an archive of articles from the Service for your personal use, you may not otherwise provide access to such an archive to more than a few individuals on an occasional basis. The foregoing does not apply to any sharing functionality we provide through the Service that expressly allows you to share articles or links to articles with others. In addition, you may not use such an archive to develop or operate an automated trading system or for data or text mining.
iv. Articles can be purchased from a Fee-Based Service on a one-time basis for $7.50 by emailing a request to email@example.com. Any reproduction, duplication or other copying of an article on any Service for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited. Reproduction or duplication for any commercial, promotional or other such purposes requires an additional fee.
c. You agree not to rearrange or modify the Content. You agree not to create abstracts from, scrape or display our content for use on another web site or service (other than headlines from our RSS Feed with active links back to the full article on the Service). You agree not to post any content from the Services (other than headlines from our RSS Feed with active links back to the full article on the Service) to weblogs, newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our written consent.
d. You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to a Service if, in our opinion, your use of the Service may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person's rights or violate the terms of this Agreement. Also, we may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
6. Community; User Generated Content.
a. User Name. We require you to register to have access to our community area. We require that you use your own first and last name as your user name for community. With certain exceptions, when you register, we will prefill your user name with your own name. It is your responsibility to choose your password wisely. If you have concerns or believe that someone is using your password without your authority, please contact Customer Service. We reserve the right to disclose any information about you, including registration data, in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or requests under legal process, to operate our systems properly, to protect our property or rights, and to safeguard the interests of others.
b. User Generated Content.
i. User Content. We offer you the opportunity to comment on and engage in discussions regarding articles, companies and various topics. Any content, information, graphics, audio, images, and links you submit as part of creating your profile or in connection with any of the foregoing activities is referred to as "User Content" in this Agreement and is subject to various terms and conditions as set forth below.
ii. Cautions Regarding Other Users and User Content. You understand and agree that User Content includes information, views, opinions, and recommendations of many individuals and organizations and is designed to help you gather the information you need to help you make your own decisions. We reserve the right to monitor or remove any User Content from the Services at any time without notice. You should also be aware that other users may use our Services for personal gain. As a result, please approach messages with appropriate skepticism. User Content may be misleading, deceptive, or in error.
iii. Grant of Rights and Representations by You. If you upload, post or submit any User Content on a Service, you represent to us that you have all the necessary legal rights to upload, post or submit such User Content and it will not violate any law or the rights of any person. You agree that upon uploading, posting or submitting information on the Services, you grant Southcomm, Inc. and our respective affiliates and successors a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, distribute, publicly perform, display, reproduce, and create derivative works from your User Content in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or part, without any duty to compensate you. You also grant us the right to authorize the use of User Content, or any portion thereof, by users and other users in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the rights to feature your User Content specifically on the Services and to allow other users or users to request access to your User Content, such as for example through an RSS Feed.
iv. We may also remove any User Content for any reason and without notice to you. This includes all materials related to your use of the Services or membership, including email accounts, postings, profiles or other personalized information you have created while on the Services.
v. Rules of Conduct. All users must comply with the Community Rules.
vi. Copyright/IP Policy. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
7. Third Party Web Sites, Services and Software. We may link to, or promote, web sites or services from other companies or offer you the ability to download software from other companies. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those web sites, services and software.
8. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS ON AN "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. General. This Agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the Services and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous oral or written agreements regarding your use of the Services. We may discontinue or change the Services, or their availability to you, at any time. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, applicable to contracts made entirely within Tennessee and wholly performed in Tennessee, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this Agreement will be an appropriate federal or state court located in Tennessee.
10. Additional Terms and Notices.