H & H Tool Shop, LLC of Gallatin had two patents issued:
1. U.S. Patent No. 8,757,044, entitled “Weapon mounting system for firearms” invented by Mark Edward Hagedorn of Hendersonville and Joe Bebee of Gallatin.
2. U.S. Patent No. 8,757,043, entitled “Weapon mounting system for firearms” invented by Mark Edward Hagedorn of Hendersonville and Joe Bebee of Gallatin.
Other patents naming inventors from Middle Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. 8,760,250, entitled “System and method for energy generation” invented by James L. Richards of Fayetteville, Larry W. Fullerton of New Hope, Ala., and Mark D. Roberts of Huntsville, Ala., and assigned to Correlated Magnetics Research, LLC, of New Hope, Ala.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,759,401, entitled “Aqueous gel formulation and method for inducing topical anesthesia” invented by Brandon Busbee of Nashville, Abu Alam of Lake Forest, Ill., and Elias Reichel of Weston, Mass., and assigned to Akorn, Inc., of Lake Forest, Ill.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,759,377, entitled “Substituted dioxopiperidines and dioxopyrrolidines as MGLUR4 allosteric potentiators, compositions, and methods of treating neurological dysfunction” invented by P. Jeffrey Conn of Brentwood, Craig W. Lindsley of Brentwood, Corey R. Hopkins of Nolensville, Charles David Weaver of Franklin, Colleen M. Niswender of Brentwood and Darren W. Engers of Nashville and assigned to Vanderbilt University of Nashville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,758,468, entitled “Expandable cage for baghouse filter” invented by Tian Xuan Zhang of Overland Park, Kan., and assigned to BHA Altair, LLC, of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,758,174, entitled “Table tennis robot and method of operation” invented by Michael Lawrence Thoman of Gallatin and Burak Cevik of Cincinnati, Ohio, and assigned to Newgy Industries, Inc. of Gallatin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,646, entitled “Transport chair allowing transport of multiple passengers” invented by Lisa Webb Coleraine of Virginia Beach, Va., Kathryn Webb Braswell of Virginia Beach, Va., and Joyce Webb Rucker of Virginia Beach, Va., and assigned to Penny Trail Express, Inc., of Madison.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,598, entitled “Hollow core post anchor” invented by Bradley Noel Jones of Fairview.
UT-Battelle, LLC, of Oak Ridge had three patents issued:
1. U.S. Patent No. 8,762,188, entitled “Cyberspace security system” invented by Robert K. Abercrombie of Knoxville, Frederick T. Sheldon of Knoxville and Erik M. Ferragut of Oak Ridge.
2. U.S. Patent No. 8,760,105, entitled “Electric machine and current source inverter drive system” invented by John S. Hsu of Oak Ridge.
3. U.S. Patent No. 8,759,053, entitled “Microbially-mediated method for synthesis of non-oxide semiconductor nanoparticles” invented by Tommy J. Phelps of Knoxville, Robert J. Lauf of Oak Ridge, Ji Won Moon of Oak Ridge, Lonnie J. Love of Knoxville, Chad Edward Duty of Knoxville, Ilia N. Ivanov of Knoxville, Claudia Jeanette Rawn of Knoxville, Adam J. Rondinone of Arlington, Va., Andrew Stephen Madden of Norman, Okla., and Yiliang Li of Discovery Bay, Hong Kong, (and also assigned to University of Tennessee Research Foundation of Knoxville).
Other patents naming inventors from East Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. 8,763,120, entitled “Exploitation detection” invented by Jeff Forristal of Elizabethton and assigned to Zscaler, Inc., of San Jose, Cal.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,762,516, entitled “Verifiable online usage monitoring” invented by William Douglas McCaughan of Knoxville and Anthony Kilcoyne of Keighley, Gr. Brit., and assigned to 4Everlearning Holdings Ltd. of Cheshire, Gr. Brit.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,762,379, entitled “Method and apparatus for predicting object properties and events using similarity-based information retrieval and modeling” invented by J. Douglas Birdwell of Oak Ridge, Tse-Wei Wang of Oak Ridge, David J. Icove of Knoxville and Sally P. Horn of Knoxville, and assigned to the University of Tennessee Research Foundation of Knoxville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,760,292, entitled “Point of sale terminal having enhanced security” invented by John Henry Barrowman of Knoxville, Richard H. H. Neo of Singapore, Sing., Mehran Mirkazemi-Moud of Rocklin, Cal., and Christian Eric Schulz of Mission Viejo, Cal., and assigned to Verifone, Inc., of San Jose, Cal.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,760,291, entitled “Notification apparatus, system, and method” invented by Gary McConnell of Kingsport and Kevin W. Mullins of Wise, Va.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,760,274, entitled “System for communicating between a trailer tracking device, a truck tracking device, and a central monitoring station” invented by Brian M. Boling of Knoxville and Ezra T. Peachey of San Diego, Cal., and assigned to Spireon, Inc., of Knoxville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,759,642, entitled “Inbred corn line D054245” invented by Gary E. Day of Sevierville and assigned to Agrienetics Inc. of Indianapolis, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,759,641, entitled “Inbred corn line D065125” invented by Gary E. Day of Sevierville, and assigned to Agrienetics Inc. of Indianapolis, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,758,646, entitled “Phosphorescent compositions, methods of making the compositions and methods of using the compositions” invented by George D. Jia of Oak Ridge, Linda Lewis of Oak Ridge, Weiyi Jia of Chelmsford, Mass., Xiaojun Wang of Statesboro, Ga., and Laurel C. Yen of Athens, Ga., and assigned to Georgia Southern University Research and Service Foundation, Inc., of Statesboro, Ga., and Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania of Harrisburg, Pa.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,923, entitled “Apparatus and method for an angled endgate” invented by Kevin Comer of Puyallup, Wash., and Tom Travers of Clarkston, Mich., and assigned to Astec Industries, Inc., of Chattanooga.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,851, entitled “Location and weather information activated illumination devices for outboard marine motors” invented by Charles Edward Clemons of Signal Mountain.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,594, entitled “Pulling jacket for use while installing wires in conduit” invented by David Jordan of Knoxville and Michael Jordan of Knoxville and assigned to Southwire Company, LLC, of Carrollton, Ga.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,565, entitled “Home appliance with support assembly” invented by David Adams of Norris and Michael Rutherford of Duff and assigned to BSH Home Appliances Corporation of Irvine, Cal.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,757,084, entitled “Underwater robotic venting and inspection system” invented by Steve Everett of Hixson, Jeff Condit of Escondico, Cal., Nicholas Hartman of San Diego, Cal., Dylan Mora of San Diego, Cal., Brad Lafferty of Encinitas, Cal., Kyle Knight of San Diego, Cal., Jamie Hogan of San Diego, Cal., and