* U.S. Patent No. D708,122, entitled “Tire sidewall” invented by Kevin E. Scheifele of Atwater, Ohio, and assigned to Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, of Nashville.
* U.S. Patent No. D707,959, entitled “Backpack” invented by Jeremiah Pent of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. D707,916, entitled “Pet treat” invented by Peter Slusarczyk of Franklin, and Jonathan Christopher Smith of Franklin, and assigned to Mars, Incorporated of McLean, Va.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,694, entitled “Verification of extracted data” invented by Detlef Koll of Pittsburgh, Pa., and Michael Finke of Pittsburgh, Pa., and assigned to MModal IP LLC of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,526, entitled “Water heater demand side management system” invented by Cecil Ray Holland, Jr., of Ardmore, R. Michael Browder of Bristol, Benjamin F. Harbin, III of Athens, Ala., Robert J. Toth of Huntsville, Ala., Adrian O’Neil of Madison, Ala., Michael Scott Sansom of Huntsville, Ala., and Brook Marin of Huntsville, Ala., and assigned to Carina Technologies, Inc., of Huntsville, Ala.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,041, entitled “Intelligent airfoil component surface imaging inspection” invented by Amir Shirkhodaie of Nashville, Kong Ma of Carmel, Ind., and Robert Moriarty of Greenwood, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,022, entitled “Apparatus and methods of compensating for organ deformation, registration of internal structures to images, and applications of same” invented by Michael I. Miga of Franklin, Logan W. Clements of Nashville and Robert L. Galloway of Nashville and assigned to Vanderbilt University of Nashville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,766,144, entitled “Cooking appliance and method of cooking a food item” invented by Margaret Mary Sterling of Madison and Keith McLoughlin of Augusta, Ga., and assigned to Electrolux Home Products, Inc., of Charlotte, N.C.
*U.S. Patent No. 8,766,110, entitled “Bushings, sealing devices, tubing and methods of installing tubing” invented by David Daughtry of Portland and Jordan Strunk of Portland and assigned to Titeflex Corporation of Springfield, Mass.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,759, entitled “Monocyclic CGRP receptor antagonists” invented by Michael R. Wood of Brentwood, Harold G. Selnick of Ambler, Pa., Ian M. Bell of Harleysville, Pa., Melody McWherter of Boyertown, Pa., Donnette D. Staas of Harleysville, Pa., Shawn J. Stachel of Perkasie, Pa., Thomas Steele of Schwenksville, Pa., Craig Stump of Pottstown, Pa., C. Blair Zartman of Hatfield, Pa., and assigned to Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. of Rahway, N.J.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,194, entitled “Natural-topical analgesic and anti-inflammatory composition” invented by Michelle Mills of Antioch and Michael Hutsell of Murfreesboro.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,097, entitled “Ligands to radiation-induced molecules” invented by Shimian Qu of Brentwood, Zhaozhong Han of Franklin, and Dennis E. Hallahan of St. Louis, Mo., and assigned to Vanderbilt University of Nashville, and Washington University of St. Louis, Mo.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,052, entitled “Abrasion and corrosion resistant alloy and hardfacing/cladding applications” invented by Ravi Menon of Goodlettsville, Jack Wallin of Scottsville, Ky., and Tim Barnhart of Bowling Green, Ky., and assigned to Stoody Company of Bowling Green, Ky.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,990, entitled “Liquid/refuse separation system” invented by Matthew Raymond Julian of Goodlettsville and Brian Douglas Jackson of Ramer.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,984, entitled “Filter-in-filter with funnel shaped passageway” invented by Carey A. Curt of Cookeville, Chad M. Thomas of Cookeville, Mark J. Johnson of Cookeville and Stephen L. Fallon of Oregon, Wis., and assigned to Cummins Filtration IP, Inc., of Minneapolis, Minn.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,550, entitled “Gaming systems and methods for use in providing random rewards to multiple players” invented by Christopher John Thacker of Earlysville, Va., and Daniel William Milligan of Palmyra, Va., and assigned to Video Gaming Technologies, Inc., of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,414, entitled “System for detecting contaminants in an intake flow of a compressor” invented by Paul Sherwood Bryant of Amesbury, Gr. Brit., and Julio Enrique Mestroni of Marietta, Ga., and assigned to BHA Altair, LLC, of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,329, entitled “Pivoting mechanical applicator” invented by Hugh Hasty of Lewisburg and assigned to Cosmolab, Inc. of Lewisburg.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,053, entitled “Airbag assembly” invented by Jeffery Dix of Commerce Township, Mich., and assigned to Nissan North America, Inc., of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,052, entitled “Airbag device” invented by Koutarou Yamanaka of Shelbyville, Naotoshi Ota of Shelbyville, Marius Cociuba of Shelbyville, Peng Lee of Shelbyville, Kazuki Funakura of Saitama, Japan, and Tomiharu Yamada of Saitama, Japan, and assigned to Calsonic Kansei North America, Inc. of Shelbyville, and Calsonic Kansei Corporation of Saitama, Japan.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,763,965, entitled “Dishwasher anchoring bracket” invented by Michael Peay of Brentwood.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,763,590, entitled “Method and apparatus for enhancing the utilization of fuel in an internal combustion engine” invented by Zachary A. Henry of Corryton and Ricky L. Gammons of Lafayette and assigned to Petrolfree, Inc., of Corryton.
Eastman Chemical Company of Kingsport had three patents issued:
1. U.S. Patent No. 8,766,017, entitled “Integrated process for the preparation of 1,4-cyclohexanedimethanol from terephthalic acid” invented by Benjamin Fredrick Barton of Kingsport, Steven Leroy Cook of Kingsport, Jeff Scott Howell of Jonesborough, Noah Glenn McMillan of Kingsport, Damon Bryan Shackelford of Kingsport, Brent Alan Tennant of Church Hill and Phillip Wayne Turner of Blountville.
2. U.S. Patent No. 8,765,999, entitled “Hydrocarboxylation of formaldehyde in the presence of a higher order carboxylic acid and a homogeneous catalyst” invented by Scott Donald Barnicki of Kingsport, Robert Thomas Hembre of Johnson City, Stephen Neal Falling of Kingsport and Andrew James Vetter of Kingsport.
3. U.S. Patent No. 8,765,629 entitled “Process for preparing V-Ti-P catalysts for synthesis of 2,3-unsaturated carboxylic acids” invented by David William Norman of Kingsport, Gerald Charles Tustin of Kingsport, Liu Deng of Kingsport, Theresa Sims Barnette of Rogersville, and Michael James Nash of Bicester, Gr. Brit.
Other patents naming inventors from East Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. 8,769,264, entitled “Apparatus and method for monitoring certificate acquisition” invented by Benjamin Jahner of Sweetwater and Jerald R. Howcroft of Beverly Hills, Mich., and assigned to AT&T Intellectual Property I, LP, of Atlanta, Ga.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,563, entitled “Electric vehicle supply equipment testing apparatus” invented by Jason-David Nitzberg of Maryville, Phillip J. Speeks of Knoxville, Matthew S. Piers of Knoxville, Paul D. Seff of Williamsburg, Va., and Jonathan K. Hamilton of Williamsburg, Va., and assigned to Eaton Corp. of Cleveland, Ohio.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,766,130, entitled “Arc extinction apparatus and DC switch apparatus” invented by Richard Donald Prohaska of Cleveland, Randal Derek Gazdecki of Cleveland and Warren Clift Sipe of Cleveland and assigned to Eaton Corporation of Cleveland, Ohio.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,167, entitled “Uniform films for rapid-dissolve dosage form incorporating anti-tacking compositions” invented by Garry L. Myers of Kingsport, Pradeep Sanghvi of Schererville, Ind., Andrew Philip Verrall of Crown Point, Ind., Vimala Francis of Fremont, Cal., and Laura Moss of Schererville, Ind., and assigned to MonoSol Rx, LLC, of Portage, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,036, entitled “Method of producing a semiconductor” invented by John Carberry of Talbott and assigned to Mossey Creek Solar, LLC, of Jefferson City.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,892, entitled “Reabsorber for ammonia stripper offgas” invented by Frederic Zenon Kozak of Knoxville and Peter Ulrich Koss of Baden, P.R.C., and assigned to ALSTOM Technology Ltd of Baden, P.R.C.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,371, entitled “Scale based load limiting for refuse vehicles” invented by Ralph Waldo Whitfield, Jr. of Rainbow City, Ala., and Herman Edward Kelwaski of Fort Payne, Ala., and assigned to The Heil Co. of Chattanooga.
Smith & Nephew, Inc., of Memphis had two patents issued:
1. U.S. Patent No. 8,765,169, entitled “Wound healing profile” invented by Paul Kemp of Romiley, Gr. Brit., Gyorgyi Talas of Timperley, Gr. Brit., Jennifer Sutherland of Stockport, Gr. Brit., Margaret Batten of Whiston, Gr. Brit., Penelope Ann Johnson of Glossop, Gr. Brit., Andrew Shering of Chorlton, Gr. Brit., and Michael McWhan of Glossop, Gr. Brit.
2. U.S. Patent No. 8,764,759, entitled “Distal femoral trial with removable cutting guide” invented by Roger Ryan Dees, Jr. of Senatobia, Miss.
Other patents naming inventors from West Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. D707,978, entitled “Shoe rack” invented by Milton D. Ruiz of Germantown, and Sandy Felsenthal of Memphis, and assigned to Whitmor, Inc. of South Haven, Miss.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,769,440, entitled “Method of reactive targeted advertising” invented by Martin David Hoyle of Eads and assigned to B.E. Technology, L.L.C., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,437, entitled “Fluoroscopic image guided surgery system with intraoperative registration” invented by Earl F. Barrick of McLean, Va., and assigned to Sofamor Danek Holdings, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,768,433, entitled “MRI-guided devices and MRI-guided interventional systems that can track and generate dynamic visualizations of the devices in near real time” invented by Kimble L. Jenkins of Memphis, Peter Piferi of Orange, Cal., and Kamal Vij of Chandler, Ariz., and assigned to MRI Interventions, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,766,797, entitled “Sensor based logistics system” invented by Mark D. Hamm of Germantown, James B. Greer of Memphis, Daniel A. Ost of Germantown, William S. Murphy of Germantown, Ole Petter Skaaksrud of Germantown, Kenneth L. Milman of Memphis, Michael R. West of Memphis, James Randy Jacobs of Collierville, Miley E. Ainsworth of Hernando, Miss., and Zachary S. Perry of Chicago, Ill., and assigned to FedEx Corporate Services, Inc., of Collierville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,765,338, entitled “Quantum dot photoconductor for an electrophotographic printer” invented by Farzad Parsapour of Bartlett, Juzo Kuriyama of Germantown and Rodney Loyd of Cordova and assigned to Brother International Corporation of Bridgewater, N.J.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,942, entitled “Methods of preserving starch in pulp and controlling calcium precipitation and/or scaling” invented by Eddie Van Haute of Ghent, Belg., and assigned to Buckman Laboratories International, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,832, entitled “Anterior hybrid implant” invented by Anthony J. Melkant of Memphis, Brian Robert Thoren of Memphis and Frank J. Schwab of New York, N.Y., and assigned to Warsaw Orthopedic, Inc., of Warsaw, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,804, entitled “Bone fastener and methods of use” invented by William Alan Rezach of Atoka and assigned to Warsaw Orthopedic, Inc., of Warsaw, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,764,763, entitled “Procedure for repairing foot injury” invented by Kian-Ming (Kevin) Wong of Cordova and Vernon R. Hartdegen of Collierville and assigned to Wright Medical Technology, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,763,953, entitled “Aircraft flap actuator assembly” invented by James M. Wheaton of Collierville, Seiya Sakurai of Seattle, Wash., and Stephen J. Fox of Everett, Wash., and assigned to The Boeing Company of Chicago, Ill.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,763,823, entitled “Food pan guide” invented by Charles L. Eaves, Jr. of Brighton, Stephen P. Griffin of Atoka, Richard A. Seiss of Arlington, Stephen R. Willoughby of Shreveport, La., and Nick R. Derry of Mt. Pleasant, Mich., and assigned to The Delfield Company LLC of Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,763,386, entitled “Large water turbine” invented by Geoffrey Byron Greene of Memphis.
By Matthew C. Cox of intellectual property law firm Waddey & Patterson PC.