* U.S. Patent No. D674,959, entitled “Light shield for an overhead light” invented by Steven P. Townley of Smyrna.
* U.S. Patent No. D674,850, entitled “Mule hand sock puppet” invented by Deborah L. Frisch of Hohenwald.
* U.S. Patent No. D674,712, entitled “Adjustable spoon” invented by Brittany L. Stewart of Nashville and Rodney W. Robbins of Florence, Ala., and assigned to Fox Run USA, LLC, of Ivy land, Pa.
* U.S. Patent No. D674,711, entitled “Slider for adjustable spoon” invented by Brittany L. Stewart of Nashville and Rodney W. Robbins of Florence, Ala., and assigned to Fox Run USA, LLC, of Ivy land, Pa.
* U.S. Patent No. D674,685, entitled “Clip” invented by Ian Dixon of Nashville and assigned to Fontaine Spray Suppression Company of Springfield.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,358,920, entitled “Water heater tank with convex heads” invented by Ramin K. Rahmani of Johnson City and Rodney R. Syler of Franklin and assigned to A.O. Smith Corporation of Milwaukee, Wis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,358,818, entitled “Apparatus and methods of compensating for organ deformation, registration of internal structures to images, and applications of same” invented by Michael I. Miga of Franklin, Logan W. Clements of Nashville and Robert L. Galloway, Jr., of Nashville and assigned to Vanderbilt University of Nashville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,358,309, entitled “Animation of audio ink” invented by Andy Van Schaack of Nashville, Jim Marggraff of Lafayette, Cal., and Tracy L. Edgecomb of Berkeley, Cal., and assigned to Livescribe, Inc., of Oakland, Cal.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,130, entitled “Wound care apparatus” invented by Joshua David Smith of Nashville and David Myron Smith of Burns and assigned to Joshua David Smith of Nashville and David Myron Smith of Burns.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,110, entitled “Toe curl prevention device and methods” invented by Deborah Frierson of Hermitage.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,601, entitled “Arm stabilizer device and methods” invented by Alton Lee Hunter, Jr. of Columbia.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,534, entitled “Fastener driving system with precision fastener guide” invented by Troy Hale of Goodlettsville and Jeremy Scott Park of Bethpage and assigned to Simpson Strong-Tie Company, Inc., of Pleasanton, Cal.
UT-Battelle, LLC, of Knoxville issued two patents:
1. U.S. Patent No. 8,357,893, entitled “Ion mobility sensor system” invented by Jun Xu of Knoxville, David B. Watson of Knoxville and William B. Whitten of Oak Ridge and assigned to UT-Battelle, LLC, of Oak Ridge.
2. U.S. Patent No. 8,357,234, entitled “Apparatus and method for rapid separation and detection of hydrocarbon fractions in a fluid stream” invented by Charles S. Sluder of Knoxville, John M. Storey of Oak Ridge and Samuel A. Lewis, Sr., of Andersonville, and assigned to UT-Battelle, LLC, of Oak Ridge.
Other patents naming inventors from East Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. 8,359,345, entitled “Iterative algorithms for variance reduction on compressed sinogram random coincidences in PET” invented by Vladimir Y. Panin of Knoxville and assigned to Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc., of Malvern, Pa.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,358,218, entitled “Point of sale terminal having enhanced security” invented by John Barrowman of Knoxville, Richard H. H. Neo of Singapore, Sing., Mehran Mirkazemi-Moud of Rocklin, Cal., and Christian Eric Schulz of Mission Viejo, Cal., and assigned to Verifone, Inc., of San Jose, Cal.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,914, entitled “UV disinfecting apparatus” invented by Dawn E. Caldwell of Evensville and assigned to Dawn E. Caldwell of Evensville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,117, entitled “Device and method for delivering an agent into breast milk while breastfeeding” invented by Ryan Hubbard of Kingsport, David C. Sokal of Durham, N.C., Stephen E. Gerrard of Altrincham, Gr. Brit., Elizabeth Kneen of Ottumwa, Iowa, Geoff Galgon of Pasadena, Cal., and Tombozgani Banda of Chichiri, Malawi, and assigned to Family Health International of Durham, N.C.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,801, entitled “Partially pre-assembled fence assembly and mutli-element rail” invented by Keith Howard of Limestone, and Joe DeSouza of Broadview Heights, Ohio, and assigned to Joe DeSouza of North Royalton, Ohio.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,760, entitled “Apparent temperature controller” invented by Claude Roger Riley, Jr. of Knoxville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,454, entitled “Unitized overhead glazing systems” invented by Vincent T. Van Son of Maryville and Nicholas A. Napora of Broadway, Va., and assigned to Alcoa, Inc. of Pittsburgh, Pa.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,852, entitled “Latching floor box cover” invented by Mark R. Drane of Germantown and assigned to Thomas & Betts International, Inc., of Wilmington, Del.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,388, entitled “Drug depot implant designs and methods of implantation” invented by William F. McKay of Memphis and assigned to Warsaw Orthopedic, Inc., of Warsaw, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,357,181, entitled “Intervertebral prosthetic device for spinal stabilization and method of implanting same” invented by Eric C. Lange of Collierville, Jonathan Dewey of Memphis, Kent M. Anderson of Memphis, Thomas Carls of Memphis, Fred J. Molz, IV, of Collierville, Matthew M. Morrison of Cordova and Aurelien Bruneau of Memphis and assigned to Warsaw Orthopedic, Inc., of Warsaw, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,979, entitled “Fan blade mounting system” invented by Cecil Fred Haynes of Memphis and assigned to Hunter Fan Company of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,356,459, entitled “Thermal laminates and laminating method for food packaging films” invented by Bradley A. Kramer of Cordova, Paul E. Larimore of Horn Lake, Miss., and Billy W. Crockett, Jr., of Senatobia, Miss., and assigned to Bryce Corporation of Memphis.
Compiled by Matthew C. Cox of intellectual property law firm Waddey & Patterson P.C.