Thirteen local legal professionals have submitted their names to succeed Don Ash as 16th Judicial Circuit Court judge.
The candidates will attend an Aug. 17 public hearing hosted by the Judicial Nominating Commission at the Historic Rutherford County Courthouse on Murfreesboro’s Public Square. After that, the commission will interview each applicant before recommending three names to Gov. Bill Haslam.
The candidates are:
• Keta J. Barnes, Municipal Court Judge in Smyrna
• Kirk D. Catron, partner at McCarter Catron & East PLLC in Murfreesboro
• Tolbert Franklin Gilley III, partner at Rucker Rucker and Gilley P.C. in Murfreesboro
• Sonya W. Henderson, a private practitioner in Murfreesboro
• Brad W. Hornsby, senior partner at Bullock Fly Hornsby & Evans in Murfreesboro
• Trevor H. Lynch, Assistant District Attorney for the 16th Judicial District
• Thomas Earl Parkerson of Bennett Parkerson & Bray in Murfreesboro
• Russell Nelson Perkins, Assistant Public Defender for the 16th Judicial District
• Mark A. Polk, partner at White & Polk P.C. in Murfreesboro
• M. Keith Siskin, Magistrate for Rutherford County Juvenile Court
• Barry R. Tidwell, partner at Price & Tidwell in Murfreesboro
• Alicia C.B. Widrig, Administrative Hearing Official at the Tennessee Department of Human Services in Nashville
• Howard W. Wilson of Wilson & Bradley in Murfreesboro
To view the candidates’ resumes, click here.
- ALEX B FRUIN INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDACE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDANCE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; FRUIN, ALEX B TRUSTEE; FRUIN ALEX B INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC, CANDACE F TRUSTEE; STEFANSIC CANDACE F INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC CANDANCE F INHERITANCE TRUST
- ROSS, BRIDGETT D
- COOKE, ETHEN LANYARD TRUSTEE; COOKE, ETHEN LEWIS ESTATE
- JACOBS, JESSICA ALEXANDRA; JACOBS, ERIKA BESS