The implosion of Miller & Martin's large downtown office began in late 2011 but gathered steam early this year and came to a spectacular head in June, when almost 40 attorneys bailed to open a local office for fellow regional firm Butler Snow O’Mara Stevens & Cannada. Interestingly, that story didn't make this most-popular list, but three of the pieces leading up to it did. Also featured is the jump of a high-profile group from Baker Donelson and a discussion with one of the city's pre-eminent lawyers on why we should expect more such movements in the coming years.
1. Ring buy goes wrong
Disgruntled client just happened to be an attorney who refused jeweler's offer to refund purchase
2. Back Yard Burgers boardroom bust-up leads to suit
Fired VP lifts veil on CEO Boyd's 'erratic behavior, abusive nature'
3. Attorney 'Bob' Whitaker dead at 55
Last Friday’s cause of death not confirmed
4. Miller & Martin departures continue as litigation chief leaves
Several other firm attorneys could soon be gone
5. CPAs named in nonprofit embezzlement suit
History association's complaint says West End firm didn't catch financial director's actions
6. 'Some national firms will be determined to have a Nashville office'
Veteran attorney Aubrey Harwell sees city as alluring to legal community
7. Down by law
Inside the implosion at Miller & Martin
8. South Carolina law firm opens Nashville office
Papel, other Baker Donelson veterans find new home in Regions Center
9. Miller & Martin loses four to Adams and Reese
Two government relations experts and head of labor and employment law exit
10. Judicial candidate sued for non-payment of child support
Accusations date back to '06
To check out the other industry Top Reads, click here.