Metova Inc. has added 10 employees to its staff in an effort to enhance client management and technology development offerings.
The move follows A4Solutions' September purchase (read more here) of a majority stake in the Franklin-based custom mobile phone application manufacturer.
Jack Bailey, John Beck, Michael Eatherly, James McCracken, John Owens, Logan Serman, Ali Taher and Ron Unger will work as custom mobile app developers. In addition, Todd Grooms will serve as a lead developer, while Jill Henderson will handle software development duties.
Metova released a statement with the following background information:
• Bailey graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor’s degree in software engineering. He previously worked as a developer at Jamais Vu Productions, where he assisted in programming iOS applications.
• Beck received his undergraduate degree in economics and his master’s in computer science, both from Southern Illinois University. While in college, he worked as a computer support assistant and computer lab technician, supporting SIU’s College of Liberal Arts and English department.
“Jack and John Beck are both hobbyists at heart, and enjoy learning new techniques, technologies and programming languages,” said Dave Lane, director of development for Metova. “They will be able to use this innate curiosity to solve problems for our customers.”
• Eatherly previously developed and maintained applications for HealthStream Inc. He received associate degrees in computer information systems and university studies from Volunteer State Community College. He also earned his bachelor’s degree in computer information technology from Western Kentucky University. While attending Volunteer State, he worked as a PC technician.
“Michael’s technical background is wide-ranging," said Kevin Ross, Metova’s president. "He has created Web apps, mobile apps and built websites. He will be a strong new asset to our team.”
• McCracken recently graduated with a master’s in software engineering from Auburn University. He also received his bachelor’s in computing engineering from Auburn. He previously worked as a controls engineer with Prism Systems Inc.
• A recent graduate of Vanderbilt University, Owens holds a dual degree in computer science and chemistry. While at VU, he served as a research assistant for the Vanderbilt Clinical Research Center, providing technical support. He also has experience developing for ASP, C# and .Net and managing MySQL databases.
• Taher joins Metova having recently graduated from the University of California–Irvine with a bachelor’s degree in computer science. He previously worked for THQ Inc.
• Unger had worked with Jacobs Technology as a senior java enterprise developer. He previously worked as a java software engineer for Argon ST, Dash Navigation and Northrop Grumman. Unger earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Auburn University.
• Grooms will work as a lead developer for Metova. He previously worked at the company from 2009 to 2011 and developed mobile software for Android, iOS and BlackBerry. Grooms worked for the past year with Asurion, where he specialized in iOS.
• Henderson is a 10-year video game industry veteran. She most recently worked for Zynga Games Inc. as a senior community manager. While at Zynga, Henderson provided community management and publishing support for Mafia Wars, Café World and Words with Friends, among others.
POSTDATA: WARRANTY DEEDS