NextGxDx, a Nashville–based health information provider, has added four leadership team employees to advance the company’s most recent testing platform, an online service that allows physicians to order and compare myriad genetic tests.
Julia Polk is now NextGxDx’s acting chief financial officer; Dr. Jud Schneider its scientific director; Jay Buford its senior vice president of business development and Dan Kauke its marketing director.
“With the recent debut of the NextGxDx genetic testing platform, our business has really accelerated,” said Dr. Mark Harris, chief executive officer of NextGxDx. “It’s an exciting time for our company, and we are pleased to have such experienced business and scientific leaders join the team.”
Brief biographical information for each new hire follows:
• Polk is a former investment banker, venture capitalist, angel investor and serial entrepreneur. She’s spent more than 25 years building companies in health care, technology, and other service-related businesses. Most recently, Polk joined the founders of Change Healthcare Corp. to develop much of the company’s infrastructure in finance, operations and sales, and raised two rounds of institutional equity capital totaling $15 million. She participates as a mentor in the Jumpstart Foundry tech accelerator and in the Nashville Entrepreneur Center. Also, she is an advisor at FLO Thinkery.
• Schneider, top right in ou photo, has more than 12 years of experience in clinical and biomedical research. He is the current co-chair of the Education and Workforce Development Committee for Life Science Tennessee and has previously served on its board. Schneider earned his Ph.D. in cell and developmental biology and was awarded a fellowship in molecular endocrinology and biophysics at Vanderbilt University, where he has founded programs designed to facilitate the commercialization of laboratory-developed technology.
• Buford, bottom left, brings more than 30 years of experience to NextGxDx. He spent 18 years with a provider of kidney dialysis, where he was involved in the development, sales and implementation of some of the earliest laboratory management software for dialysis patient management. Most recently, Buford led the efforts of a Chicago-based technology company’s consumer products division to support a successful sale to private equity.
• Kauke has more than 10 years of health care experience in areas ranging from pharmaceutical clinical trial management to diagnostic laboratory operations. Kauke is focused on simplifying and improving the genetic test ordering process for physicians, genetic counselors and their patients. Prior to joining NextGxDx, Kauke served as marketing manager for an academic genetic testing laboratory, directing marketing and business development operations, including leading an organization-wide rebranding effort and overseeing sales and client relations.
- ALEX B FRUIN INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDACE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDANCE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; FRUIN, ALEX B TRUSTEE; FRUIN ALEX B INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC, CANDACE F TRUSTEE; STEFANSIC CANDACE F INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC CANDANCE F INHERITANCE TRUST
- ROSS, BRIDGETT D
- COOKE, ETHEN LANYARD TRUSTEE; COOKE, ETHEN LEWIS ESTATE
- JACOBS, JESSICA ALEXANDRA; JACOBS, ERIKA BESS