Christopher Barrett of Murfreesboro had two patents issued:
1. U.S. Patent No. D670,783, entitled “Firearm.”
2. U.S. Patent No. D670,872, entitled “Firearm.”
Other patents naming inventors from Middle Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. D670,637, entitled “Windshield scrubber” invented by Marcus Durant Henson of Bethpage.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,311,866, entitled “System and method for customizing career paths” invented by Cathleen Benko of Redwood City, Cal., Anne Weisberg of New York, N.Y., and Molly Anderson of Alameda, Cal., and assigned to Deloitte Development LLC of Hermitage.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,893, entitled “Switching apparatus and controller for an electric appliance that promotes extended relay life” invented by Robert C. Harris of Springfield and assigned to Electrolux Home Products, Inc., of Charlotte, N.C.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,549, entitled “Compositions for modulating a kinase cascade and methods of use thereof” invented by Grant J. Palmer of Nashville, David G. Hangauer, Jr., of Lancaster, N.Y., Debasis Patra of Manlius, N.Y., Jeremy A. Cody of Clifton Springs, N.Y., Paul K. Isbester of Castleton on Hudson, N.Y., and Jonathon Salsbury of Madison, Wis., and assigned to Kinex Pharmaceuticals, LLC, of Buffalo, N.Y.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,698, entitled “Fluid driven medical injectors” invented by Dane Battiato of Franklin, Gary S. Wagner of Independence, Ky., Frank M. Fago of Mason, Ohio, and Peter Staats of Loveland, Ohio, and assigned to Mallinckrodt LLC of Hazelwood, Mo.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,250, entitled “Rack system for an appliance” invented by Edwin Koehler of Nashville and assigned to Electrolux Home Products, Inc., of Charlotte, N.C.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,307,744, entitled “Modified reaction arm tool and tool kit” invented by Harold Jay Lanfear of Murfreesboro and Mark D. Pionke of Mt. Juliet and assigned to Nissan North America, Inc., of Franklin.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,307,691, entitled “Swivel base for a conduit bender” invented by Steven Bolander of Lebanon.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,307,600, entitled “Mat connecting system” invented by Gary Lynn Heartsfield of Bedford, Texas, and assigned to Dollamur LP of Nashville.
Eastman Chemical Company of Kingsport had three patents issued:
1. U.S. Patent No. 8,309,677, entitled “Reactor with optimized internal tray design” invented by Thomas Lloyd Yount of Kingsport, Larry Cate Windes of Kingsport and Bruce Roger DeBruin of Lexington, S.C.
2. U.S. Patent No. 8,309,624, entitled “Haze reduction for blends of aromatic-aliphatic polyesters and antimicrobial additives” invented by Michael Eugene Donelson of Kingsport, James Collins Maine of Church Hill, Gary Stuart Hawkins of Johnson City and Jeff Scott Howell of Jonesborough.
3. U.S. Patent No. 8,309,502, entitled “Compositions and methods for removing organic substances” invented by Michael Wayne Quillen of Kingsport, Dale Edward O’Dell of Blountville, Edward Enns McEntire of Kingsport, Zachary Philip Lee of Covington, Ga., and John Cleaon Moore of Camarillo, Cal.
Other patents naming inventors from East Tennessee:
* U.S. Patent No. 8,311,774, entitled “Robust distance measures for on-line monitoring” invented by J. Wesley Hines of Lenoir City and assigned to SmartSignal Corporation of Lisle, Ill.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,310,202, entitled “Off-resonance frequency operation for power transfer in a loosely coupled air core transformer” invented by Matthew B. Scudiere of Oak Ridge and assigned to UT-Battelle, LLC, of Oak Ridge.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,913, entitled “Angled dual-polarity mass spectrometer” invented by Chung-Hsuan Chen of Knoxville and Yi-Sheng Wang of Taipei, Taiwan, and assigned to Academia Sinica of Taipei, Taiwan.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,683, entitled “Thermal crystallization of a molten polyester polymer in a fluid” invented by Michael Paul Ekart of Kingsport, Mary Therese Jernigan of Kingsport, Cory Lee Wells of Gray and Larry Cates Windes of Kingsport and assigned to Grupo Petrotemex S.A. DE C.V. of San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mex.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,627, entitled “Polymeric coating for the protection of objects” invented by Brandon Farmer of Knoxville and Garrett Poe of Madison, Ala., and assigned to NeXolve Corporation of Huntsville, Ala.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,603, entitled “SARMs and method of use thereof” invented by James T. Dalton of Lakeland, Duane D. Miller of Germantown and Jeff Kearbey of Lakeland and assigned to the University of Tennessee Research Foundation of Knoxville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,047, entitled “Method and system for removal of carbon dioxide from a process gas” invented by Sean E. Black of Knoxville, Sanjay K. Dube of Knoxville, David J. Muraskin of Knoxville and Frederic Z. Kozak of Knoxville and assigned to ALSTOM Technology Ltd of Baden, China.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,138, entitled “Wire puller and conduit adapter” invented by Michael C. Jordan of Knoxville and David S. Jordan of Knoxville and assigned to Southwire Company of Carrollton, Ga.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,307,833, entitled “Ashtray assembly” invented by Eric Zeanah of Knoxville and assigned to American Accessories International LLC of Knoxville.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,307,554, entitled “Catcher for hedge trimmer” invented by Gene F. Lambert of Maryville.
* U.S. Patent No. D670,566, entitled “Bottle” invented by Lee D. Stouch of Lakeland, Robert C. Johnson of Memphis, Jacob Teitelbaum of Chicago, Ill., Scott Jost of Chicago, Ill., and Carolyn A. DeMaere of New York., N.Y.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,849, entitled “Attachable supporting spacer for electrical boxes” invented by Cong Thanh Dinh of Collierville and assigned to Thomas & Betts International, Inc., of Wilmington, Del.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,800, entitled “Soybean variety XB48M10” invented by Mark J. Hood of Memphis and Jeffrey A. Thompson of Edwardsville, Ill., and assigned to Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., of Johnston, Iowa.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,799, entitled “Soybean variety XB47F10” invented by Mark J. Hood of Memphis and Jeffrey A. Thompson of Edwardsville, Ill., and assigned to Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., of Johnston, Iowa.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,671, entitled “Extrudable acrylic compositions” invented by Andrew Janowicz of Lakeland, Walter H. Delphin of Germantown and Connie D. Dickerson of Cordova and assigned to Lucite International, Inc., of Cordova.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,309,099, entitled “DNA transfection system for the generation of negative strand RNA virus” invented by Erich Hoffmann of Memphis, and assigned to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,900, entitled “Methods to control lipophilic extractives in acacia wood pulp and fiber” invented by Rosa M. Covarrubias of Memphis and Budi Liputra of Jakarta Barat, India, and assigned to Buckman Laboratories International, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,803, entitled “Methods and instruments for endoscopic interbody surgical techniques” invented by Kevin T. Foley of Germantown, John L. White of Bartlett, Bradley T. Estes of Memphis, Mingyan Liu of Bourg-la-Reine, France, Loic Josse of Palaja, France, and Jeffrey D. Moore of Horn Lake, Miss., and assigned to Warsaw Orthopedic, Inc., of Warsaw, Ind.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,714, entitled “Control circuit and method for negative pressure wound treatment apparatus” invented by Richard Scott Weston of Carlsbad, Cal., and Tianning Xu of San Antonio, Texas, and assigned to Bluesky Medical Group, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,481, entitled “Dental framework” invented by Denis John DiAngelo of Germantown, Carl Walter Schulter of Germantown and Andrew John Schulter of Germantown and assigned to Cagenix, Inc., of Memphis.
* U.S. Patent No. 8,308,340, entitled “Composite mixer” invented by Joseph M. Ferrante of Bartlett, Si Janna of Memphis, Thomas Mayr of Hudson, Wis., Jeremy Odegard of River Falls, Wis., Wayne Phillips of Hudson, Wis., and David Schuelke of Hudson, Wis., and assigned to Smith & Nephew, Inc., of Memphis.
Compiled by Matthew C. Cox of intellectual property law firm Waddey & Patterson P.C.
- ALEX B FRUIN INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDACE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDANCE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; FRUIN, ALEX B TRUSTEE; FRUIN ALEX B INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC, CANDACE F TRUSTEE; STEFANSIC CANDACE F INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC CANDANCE F INHERITANCE TRUST
- ROSS, BRIDGETT D
- COOKE, ETHEN LANYARD TRUSTEE; COOKE, ETHEN LEWIS ESTATE
- JACOBS, JESSICA ALEXANDRA; JACOBS, ERIKA BESS