A dozen attorneys have thrown their hat in the ring for the 21st Judicial District seat vacated this summer when Jeff Bivins was named to the Court of Criminal Appeals. Among the applicants are a partner at regional firm Wyatt Tarrant & Combs and the attorney handling the regional work at Farmers Insurance.
The applicants are:
• Michael W. Binkley, a partner at Schell Binkley and Davies
• Andrew B. Campbell, a partner at Wyatt Tarrant & Combs
• James Carl Duncan from Linden
• Sharon E. Guffee, Williamson County Juvenile Court Magistrate
• George Travis Hawkins of Franklin
• Russ Heldman of Brentwood
• Judy A. Oxford of Franklin
• Derek Keith Smith, Deputy District Attorney for the 21st District
• Stewart Clarke Stallings, managing attorney of Farmers Insurance Group’s Nashville branch
• David Henry Veile from Lowery Lowery & Cherry in Franklin
• Steven P. Westbrook of Steltemeier & Westbrook in Franklin
• John Lester Whitfield Jr., a partner at Moody Whitfield and Castellarin in Franklin
For more info on the candidates, click here.