Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management is partnering with three other business schools in the Americas on an MBA program designed to equip managers with the know-how to better run businesses with transcontinental operations.
The schools joining Owen in the venture, which will launch this August, are:
• the FIA Business School at Fundação Instituto De Administração in São Paulo, Brazil,
• the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México in Mexico City, and
• the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.
The program will select up to 15 students from each school who will spend their first year in the program at their home institution. During the second year, the students will as a group work on a capstone strategy project, spending time at all four campuses.
In Vancouver, they will focuses on cross-cultural communications, human resource management and business strategy. From there, they will go to Brazil to delve into sustainability, global markets and product development. After that, the Mexico City session will tackle international trade and managing large family-owned businesses. Finally, the Owen session will focus on launching ventures and how to nurture innovation.
“Free trade has opened many exciting new opportunities throughout the Americas in recent years. Since Vanderbilt’s first Executive MBA trip to Mexico City in 1997, we have watched our client (sponsoring) companies move from distinct divisions in North America and Latin America to a comprehensive Americas approach,” said Tami Fassinger, associate dean of executive programs at Owen.
Students will receive a joint “Americas MBA” certificate awarded by the group of four schools in addition to the degree conferred by their home school. Fassinger called the certificate “icing on the cake” for students eyeing ex-pat employment.
- BRASWELL, ROBERT
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR