Stop me if you've heard this one before. One boutique of highly credentialed business and finance experts is spawning another, offering the talents of an assortment of executives -- some semi-retired, some at the top of their game -- to nurture the development of companies and organizations that are young, troubled or otherwise in need of seasoned counsel.
Today the news is coming from Harpeth Companies, the recently formed parent firm of Nashville investment bank Harpeth Capital. Its new Harpeth Consulting LLC unit will offer advisory services to companies, government agencies and non-profit organizations, according to a press release issued this morning. Its initial target sectors are healthcare, business services, and manufacturing.
Named as senior managing directors of the consultancy are retired National Federation of Independent Business chief Jack Faris, former Tennessee governor Winfield Dunn, and George L. Yowell, retired president and CEO of Dominion Bank of Middle Tennessee. All three are also members of Harpeth Capital's advisory board, named earlier this year,
Turney Stevens, chairman and CEO of Harpeth Companies, said the new firm will provide coaching and development for top managers, as well as "strategic and market planning, corporate finance, risk and regulatory management, operational improvement, and turnaround and bankruptcy services."
Harpeth's announcement comes just a week after local consulting firm NMG Advisers announced the creation of Compass Executives LLC. Compass also boasts a collection of well-known execs whose services will be offered to healthcare and manufacturing companies, among others. It too will focus on management coaching, process improvement and turnaround management, among other services.
Rounding out Harpeth Consulting's initial complement of experts are:
- Nancie J. Burrows, "a career independent financial analyst and operations efficiency expert"
- Gregory A. Cierlik, a specialist in healthcare turnarounds formerly with Arthur Andersen LLC
- Michael J. Conroy, retired CFO of medical device maker Coeur Inc.
- Phil Gibbs, former CEO of Encore Interactive and Executive Learning Inc.
- Jack Gilbert, former head of BeSmartKids Inc. and Network Data Corp.
- John Grzybowski, former CFO of EJ Footwear, and
- Myles MacDonald, formerly a senior exec at Finova Capital Corp.
POSTDATA: WARRANTY DEEDS