MissionPoint Health Partners has announced a partnership with Nashville Commits, an initiative aimed a tripling the number of low-income, college and workforce-ready graduates in Davidson County by 2020.
The move comes after MissionPoint announced in early March a partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. (Read more here.) Through the agreement with Nashville Commits, MissionPoint will provide services such as care transitioning, wellness programs and education, free of charge to students, families and staff of LEAD Public Schools.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
MissionPoint will design programs and interventions first at LEAD Academy High School. The partnership will initially add about 350 to MissionPoint’s growing membership, but that number is expected to increase as more schools come on board, said Rebecca Ayer, a MissionPoint spokeswoman.
“Good health is the cornerstone on which many future successes are dependent,” Jason Dinger, MissionPoint CEO, said in a prepared statement. “Mission Point Health “Partners knows that navigating today’s healthcare system can be cumbersome and confusing, and we’re dedicated to improving the patient experience for as many Middle Tennesseans as possible.”
MissionPoint is a nonprofit venture founded by Saint Thomas Health and a group of physicians. Various services are provided to members, including health coaching, health navigation, home visits and preventative health services. The network includes more than 1,400 physicians and several major hospitals and approximately 100 outpatient clinics. Since launching in 2012, MissionPoint has enrolled more than 50,000 members.
Three local healthcare organizations have been added to the list of Accountable Care Organizations certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The three selected are part of a list of almost 90 entities, all of which are now invited to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
The three located in Middle Tennessee are:
• Cumberland Center for Healthcare Innovation, which comprises networks of individual ACO practices with 33 physicians.
• MissionPoint Health Partners, the venture led by Saint Thomas Health Services, whose hospitals employ with 544 physicians.
• Saint Thomas Medical Group, which has 41 physicians.
Click here for the CMS announcement which includes the complete list of the organizations selected.
- ALEX B FRUIN INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDACE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; CANDANCE F STEFANSIC INHERITANCE TRUST; FRUIN, ALEX B TRUSTEE; FRUIN ALEX B INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC, CANDACE F TRUSTEE; STEFANSIC CANDACE F INHERITANCE TRUST; STEFANSIC CANDANCE F INHERITANCE TRUST
- ROSS, BRIDGETT D
- COOKE, ETHEN LANYARD TRUSTEE; COOKE, ETHEN LEWIS ESTATE
- JACOBS, JESSICA ALEXANDRA; JACOBS, ERIKA BESS