The Nashville Predators dropped both preseason games Monday against the Florida Panthers.
They lost 6-3 in the opener, which was tied 3-3 at the start of the third period. The second was a 3-2 overtime defeat.
Some notable developments from those games:
• The second featured two of the top four picks in the 2013 draft, Nashville defenseman Seth Jones (fourth overall) and Florida center Aleksander Barkov (second overall).
Jones had two shots on goal but no points and a minus-1 rating. Barkov had an assist on the game tying goal in the third period, was called for a penalty 44 seconds later and finished with a minus-1 rating.
• All three Nashville goalies who played allowed three goals.
Carter Hutton, a free agent signed to be Pekka Rinne’s backup, played all 64:11 of the second contest. He faced 27 shots and made 24 saves.
Marek Mazanec started the first game and made 18 saves on 21 shots through two periods. Scott Darling allowed three goals on 20 shots in the third.
• Colin Wilson had assists on the second and third goals of Game 1.
• Nashville scored first in both games. Kevin Henderson put the Predators up 1-0 44 seconds into the opener and Craig Smith did the same at 12:57 of the first period in the second contest.
GAME 1 SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period 00:44 NSH K. Henderson Wrist - ASST: P. Gaustad 1 - 0 NSH 06:01 FLA PPG - S. Upshall Backhand - ASST: C. Robak AND E. Gudbranson 1 - 1 TIE 07:39 NSH F. Forsberg Tip-In - ASST: S. Ford AND C. Wilson 2 - 1 NSH 19:27 NSH PPG - S. Weber Snap - ASST: M. Cullen AND C. Wilson 3 - 1 NSH
2nd Period 14:14 FLA E. Gudbranson Slap - ASST: M. Goc 3 - 2 NSH 18:13 FLA PPG - E. Gudbranson Backhand - ASST: J. Matsumoto 3 - 3 TIE
3rd Period 12:44 FLA B. Boyes Wrist - ASST: D. Shore AND G. Wilson 4 - 3 FLA 13:23 FLA S. Upshall Snap - ASST: J. Ortmeyer AND V. Trocheck 5 - 3 FLA 15:39 FLA Q. Howden Wrist - ASST: V. Trocheck 6 - 3 FLA
GAME 2 SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period 12:57 NSH C. Smith Wrist - ASST: T. Beck AND M. Fisher 1 - 0 NSH 13:10 FLA J. Gomes Backhand - ASST: NONE 1 - 1 TIE
2nd Period 11:30 NSH G. Bourque Tip-In - ASST: D. Legwand AND P. Hornqvist 2 - 1 NSH
3rd Period 10:11 FLA PPG - T. Kopecky Wrist - ASST: A. Barkov AND M. Weegar 2 - 2 TIE
OT Period 04:13 FLA T. Fleischmann Tip-In - ASST: B. Clark AND T. Kopecky 3 - 2 FLA
- BRASWELL, ROBERT
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR