Lamar Alexander is so assured of his own re-election, he brought Don Sundquist on to the team.
Congressman Jimmy Duncan, the chairman of the re-election campaign of U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander, announced today that all former Tennessee Republican Governors & U.S. Senators will serve as Honorary Campaign Co-Chairs for Lamar Alexander’s 2014 re-election efforts.
The full list includes:
● Howard Baker, U.S. Senator & Majority Leader, Chief of Staff to Ronald Reagan
● Bill Brock, U.S. Senator, Secretary of Labor to Ronald Reagan
● Winfield Dunn, Governor of Tennessee
● Bill Frist, U.S. Senator & Majority Leader
● Don Sundquist, Governor of Tennessee
● Fred Thompson, U.S. Senator
Said Alexander, “This is a great honor to have the support of men I deeply admire for their service to our state and to our party.”
Senator Alexander served on the U.S. Senate staff of Howard Baker and met his wife, Honey, at a Senate softball game. In 2002 Alexander ran for office after spending more than half of his professional life in the private sector. Today he is honored to serve Tennesseans in the same seat held by Howard Baker and later by Fred Thompson.
On Dec. 1 Alexander announced that Congressman Jimmy Duncan will serve as his campaign chairman and that his campaign co-chairmen are Governor Bill Haslam, Senator Bob Corker, Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey, Speaker Beth Harwell as well as Congressmen Blackburn, Roe, Black, Fincher and Fleischmann.
In February the campaign announced that all 13 living former state Republican Party chairs would serve as Honorary Co-Chairs of the Statewide Committee to Elect Lamar Alexander.
- BRASWELL, ROBERT
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR
- GARRETT, JOHNNY C IV EXECUTOR; GARRETT, JOHNNY C EXECUTOR; GARRETT, ANN BIGGER ESTATE; GARRETT, TIMOTHY M EXECUTOR