Nissan North America, Inc., Tuesday reported March U.S. sales of 137,726 units, up 1 percent from last year's total of 136,317 and marking the best month in the Franklin-based company's history. Nissan Division also posted its highest volume month ever, with 126,623 deliveries, up 0.4 percent. Infiniti deliveries totaled 11,103, up 9 percent from the March 2012 figures.
- Nissan LEAF sales totaled 2,236 deliveries, up 286.2 percent and the nameplate's best month since launch. March marks the first full month of deliveries of the lower-priced 2013 LEAF, now produced at Nissan's assembly plant in Smyrna, Tenn. Price-competitive with traditional cars in its segment, LEAF is the best-selling pure electric vehicle in the world.
- Sales of the all-new Pathfinder SUV totaled 9,071, up 177.1 percent, setting a new March record. Year-to-date Pathfinder sales, which launched in November 2012, are up 172.4 percent.
- Nissan Altima totaled 37,763 in March on higher retail and lower fleet sales than year-ago levels.
- Nissan Versa sales finished at 15,917, up 2.1 percent and establishing a new March record for the nameplate. Versa is the best-selling sub-compact in the U.S.
- Nissan NV sales finished March at 1,290, the best month ever for the large commercial vans.